Are you seeing a trend? I really enjoy doing these survey/get to know you type of things! I have always enjoyed reading them so I guess I assume other do too – if you don’t, stop here and wait for my next post ;o). So here we go, yet another chance for you to get to know me a little better!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
Beach path! But that is because we don’t have mountains in Minnesota, so I really have no frame of reference.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Red, I know that isn’t a flavor. However, I don’t know their names, only colors. Now, if the question would have been about Aspire then I could have told you Storm was my favorite flavor.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Are you serious? Where would I even start… I am guessing shoes since a girl can never have too many! ;o)
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
TRAINING PLAN!! I am all about plans! I plan everything out!
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Biking! I didn’t realize until recently how much I love biking. And if I am not biking I love strength training!
7. What is your preference: Out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
I HATE out and backs! There are times that they are necessary but they are my least favorite! I would take point to point or loop runs any day over out and backs!
8. If you could recommend any running-related item to a new runner, it would be a:
A new pair of shoes, fitted by a running store professional. The right shoes make all the difference and are worth every penny you pay for them!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I have seen two baby deer that I thought were huge dogs that were staring me down in the middle of a city street. I was very happy to see that they were only deer!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Yes! I went for a run in the evening and decided I should check out the train system that is in the park reserve not far from our house. Yep, it got dark and I was deep in the park reserve. I should have ran 6 miles that day but ended up with 9 by the time I got home.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would that meal be?
Pasta, I LOVE pasta. It could have sauce, no sauces, with or without protein, I just love pasta!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Capris. I have big thighs and I get “chub rub” so I tend to wear capris more often.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
I start to feel warmed up at about mile 2.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Good question! I either put it in my running belt or leave it in my car and use my OnStar app to unlock the car.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Women Run the Cities 2014. I PR’d by a lot and Justin purposed a few days before, I was on cloud 9 that race!
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Water running, it is super boring! However, it is really good cross training so I will continue to do it.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
Heart rate training. I am really enjoying it even though it means I am much slower. I am enjoying my runs so much more and I know that in the long run it will make me faster!
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
It all depends. I like to mix it up so some days I run from home and others I drive to a place I like to run. In the Twin Cities, we have a lot of awesome trails and lakes to run around that I have to drive to.
19. When running in daylight are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
Annoyance. The only time I don’t wear glasses is when I run.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Get there! It doesn’t matter how I do, just that I do!
What keeps you from quitting?