I am always looking for a challenge, so in December 2012 I decided to register for my first 5K. I after training and running that 5K, my life was forever changed. Running has since become a way of life for me.
On a run the other day, I started thinking through all of the benefits I have received from running. I am sure there are many more benefits but here are my top 5 benefits of running.
- Helps Control Weight – In the beginning, running helped me with weight loss. Now, I use it to maintain my wieght loss. Because of running I can eat things that are “off limits” like cupcakes and ice cream without feeling guilty!
- Helps Keep Mental Health in Check – I am have anxiety and sometimes have a hard time finding relief. However, after a few miles I am always feeling better!
- It is a Stress Reliever – This one goes hand and hand with the one above. I am pretty sure why it helps relieve stress and anxiety is because it is a time that I can just zone out and not think about anything but that moment!
- Amazingly Muscular Legs – I love my legs! But that didn’t used to be the case, prior to running I hated my legs. Now, they are really muscular and defined. No, I can’t wear tall boots or skinny jeans but put on a dress/skirt/shorts/tights and they are awesome!
- INCREASED CONFIDENCE – I can’t begin to tell you how running has increased my confidence! I have always been a confident person but now it is ten-fold!
What your your top benefits of running?