Now days there is a day for everything! I often don’t even pay attention to what “day” it is. However, today is National Running Day! This is a day I actually can buy into!
Last year, I must have been living under a rock because I didn’t know about it until the day of. This year, on the other hand, I have been planning on how I am going to celebrate. Conveniently, National Running Day falls on my long run day so I will be running 8.5 miles.
1. Why do you run? I run for me! It is my place to relax, its therapy, and a place that I can just forget about everything & zone out.
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? See above.
3. How many miles have you run so far this year? I am around 150 miles. I haven’t tracked my treadmill miles very well as my watch isn’t accurate because I don’t have a foot pod and I don’t trust what the monitor reads. This is much lower then I should or would like to be at.
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? I will be running the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon on June 20th and the Red, White & Boom Half Marathon on July 4th. I am also looking forward to doing the Biggest Loser 5K in Las Vegas on September 20th.
5. Before I leave for a run you must have: My phone for music and my FlipBelt!
7. Who is your favorite running partner? Me, Myself, & I. I am not much for running with others. I will, but I enjoy it most when I run by myself, I don’t have to worry if I am going too slow or too fast and I can get lost in my thoughts or completely zone out.
8. What races have you ran so far this year?
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be? Get fitted for GOOD running shoes! They will make all the difference. I suggest asking around as to where to go, some running stores are better than others for fittings!
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word: Accomplishment!!
Are you planning on celebrating National Running Day?
Want to see how some other bloggers are celebrating National Running Day? Check them out here: