Well, have you learned anything that has surprised you? I hope you are enjoying reading Who is Missy of Getting Fit to Find Myself as much as I am enjoying writing them.
Alright, here are today’s thirteen questions…
- What is your best achievement? Getting to the point in life I am right now. I have a great job that I love, I have an amazing fiance, an awesome dog, and I am in the best health I have ever been in, life couldn’t be much better!
TV show(s) you never miss? Okay, I hardly ever watch live TV but each week I have to watch: whichever version of the Real Housewives is on, Blindspot, Quantico, Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, and Sister Wives. Yes, I watch to much TV!
- What’s your motto? If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you!
- Do you have a bedtime? I like to go to bed early. It isn’t out of the norm if I am asleep by 8:30pm.
- Nicknames? Dewber (fiance), Little Girl (fiance and dad), Dauddler (dad), Carl (my brother), and MJ (good friend). I suppose I should include Missy as well since my given name is Melissa.
- Craziest thing you have ever done? Jumped off the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.
- What is the one thing you cannot do without? My phone, it is my connection to my family. My parents and brother both live in different states than I do and talking and texting are the only way I can stay in touch with them.
- What advice can you give for people who aspire to be where you are? Persistence and Patience. Sounds contradicting, I know. You need put in the work to get to where you want to go! However, it will happen in time, not always on your timeline but you will get there.
- What is the best advice you have ever been given? Do you like everyone? No, then why does everyone have to like you? I used to think everyone had to like me and I would stress about it. After hearing that advice, it made me realize that I didn’t have to work hard at making everyone like me. If they didn’t like me for who or what I was, then that was their problem not mine.
- What is the worst advice you have ever been given? If you feel like you have to use the restroom when you are running a half marathon or marathon you should always use the first port-a-potty. I ended up waiting for 8 minutes and the next port-a-potty was only a mile down the road and there was no lines, I am guessing everybody got the same bad advice.
- What are your pet peeves? People not holding the door for someone right behind them!
- What do you most like to do to unwind? RUN!
- Do you have any children? Not a human one. But I would consider Baylee my child!